A Video Motion Detection recording rule records video when a camera detects motion.
To create a video motion detection recording rule using the website:
- Log into the website.
- Click Video.
- Click Recording Rules.
- Click + Add Rule.
- Click to select Video Motion Detection (VMD).
Important: If you do not see Video Motion Detection (VMD) as an option, consider creating a Video Object Detection rule instead.
- Enter a name for the recording
- Select which camera records when it detects
- Click to select any existing VMD windows using the in these VMD windows dropdown menu (if applicable). Note: This option is not available for '25, '26, and '36 series
- In During this time frame, select the times when the rule can be
- In Minimum delay between camera-triggered clip uploads, select the desired minimum time between when the rule can be
- If desired, click to select any of the options in the At home settings. The options include:
- Do not record when the system is Disarmed
- Do not record when the system is Armed Away
- Do not record when any of the Geo-Devices are inside Geo-Fence.
- In Video Clip Recipients, click + Add Recipient to select who should receive
- Select any entries in the Address book to be notified, or click + New to add a new Address Book
- Click Close.
- Verify the recording rule is configured with the desired
- Click Save Rule.